MinPeptides™ is a DST/ Mintek NIC Facility aiming to address the need for a peptide research Centre in Africa. Synthetic peptides are cheap and easy to produce analogues, of naturally occurring peptides and have therefore become an increasingly important class of molecules in biochemistry, medicinal chemistry and physiology research, cosmetic, food and agricultural industries.
The MinPeptides™ facility can provide a wide range of services, since it has all the major instruments required and skilled scientific team for peptide synthesis.
• MinPeptides™ employs Fmoc solid-phase synthesis and prep-HPLC for purification
• Peptides between 2 and 60 amino acids long
• Peptide quantity (From 1 mg – 1 g)
• Purity (From crude to > 98%)
• Peptides are supplied with MS and RP-HPLC data to ensure the highest quality peptides
Unnatural amino acids and N or C-terminal modifications including, but not limited to:
• Acetylation and Amidation
• D-amino acid modification
• N-methyl amino acid modification
Peptoids represent a class of oligomeric compounds that closely mimic the natural structure of peptides and possess increased enzymatic stability compared to homologous peptides. They are polymeric compounds composed of N-substituted glycine (NSG) residues.
• Peptoid length: up to 20 residues with
• Purity (From crude to >98%)
• Peptoid quantity (Up to 200 mg)
A peptide library is a systematic combination of different peptides, in large number. It is widely used in drug screening, target validation, epitope mapping, vaccine development and structure-activity studies.
• MinPeptides™ provides the requested selection of peptides, at the highest possible purity.
• Each peptide will be delivered with a complete MS and RP-HPLC data.
The MinPeptides™ NMR services, provide a 3-dimesional (3D) structure of the peptides in solution. This informa-tion can be used to evaluate the structure activity relationship of the peptides.
The MinPeptides™ facility has a skilled scientific team of PhD graduates who can design and synthesise peptides and peptoids, to suit the client’s needs.