• Producer of screen-printed electrodes modified with various nanomaterials.
• Nano-electrochemical CVD modified screen-printed electrodes.
• Nano-electrochemical E-Beam Lithography modified SPEs.
Electrode Fabrication: Various methods are investigated with the aim to find electrical conducting surfaces and stable films.
Platforms development: Investigate different biomolecule immobilisation protocols for various applications.
Analyte identification: Identify analytes as required; i.e. Outbreaks and define mode of detection for various applications.
Signal amplification: Incorporating nanomaterials and study their effect towards enhancement of analyte detection, e.g. Increased sensitivity.
Materials characterisation: Investigate the mode and the orientation the biomolecules takes on the electrode surface.
Surface chemistry and characterisation: Apply surface-based techniques to investigate and confirm the presence of these nanomaterials on electrodes.
• Early detection of disease and/or virus infections.
• Screening of patients at remote and rural settings where electricity is scarce.
• Monitoring and surveillance of communicable diseases or virus outbreaks.
• Quality assurance at places where food stuffs and personnel exchanges take place (e.g. border control stations).